Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Rock Star Life of a Photographer...

A friend asked me to come by her school and address the 3rd grade classes about what it's like to be a photographer. She asked me to explain why they should plan on going to college if they wanted to be photographers...

I thought "Cool... a captive audience to spout my ideas upon..."

It went as talks to 3rd graders usually go --- They were energetic & had to be reigned in frequently but they were well-behaved and engaged in what I was saying and the images I was showing. The only time I was thrown was when one kid asked "Are you rich?" .... I had to tell him the truth... "Honey, I'm an artist so no I am not."

I had one graphic that compares what people THINK you do as a photographer versus what you ACTUALLY do as a photographer. On the "think" list besides taking pictures and traveling to exotic locations was "party like rock stars"... I thought it was humorous.

After I finished the talk those kids made me FEEL like a rock star --- they actually asked for my autograph. Pretty cool.

Then I went and ate like a rock star with some of my APA success teammates... Ah... If life would always be this sweet...

No comments: