Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Prelude to Summer

I think everyone in North Carolina was a little worried about the prospect of totally skipping Spring this year. Porch-sitting season began before Winter officially ended... It's been in the 70's and 80's for at least a couple of weeks. I've been plotting my pilgrimage to the farmer's market and prepping my grandfather's Osterizer for the first batch of gazpacho.

As I sit outside on the porch tonight, I'm not sure how long I'll last. The weather seems to have turned. The closest I'm going to be getting to gazpacho are these grocery store tomatoes.

That's okay. I can wait for the home-grown variety... You know the kind... The ones where you get a big mouthful of sunshine when you bite into them...

Besides, I'm sure I'll be glad that the seasons didn't do a by-pass come August.

No comments: