Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 25 - What Are You Reading?

I'm not a voracious reader. I'm kind of picky. I'll stand in a bookstore and look for the best cover design... Yes, I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but if that were REALLY true all books would have brown paper jackets.
Anyway... I'll look for the most appealing cover, then I'll read the synopsis and then I'll read the first page. If a book makes it to the first page test, it has a snowball's chance but that's still no guarantee.

I blame my pickiness on the fact that I read Gone With The Wind when I was 12. Except for reading a Hardy Boys mystery every Sunday afternoon, that was the last big reading project I undertook. Nothing else could stand up to Margaret Mitchell's single literary work. Everything else seemed unworthy... juvenile...

I am now finally finding other writer's that I can enjoy. Steve Martin is one of them. He had me at Picasso at the Lapin Agile... So far, An Object of Beauty is good. I hear it's being shopped as a movie. I hope to have the book finished before it hits theaters.

No comments: