Friday, April 6, 2012

Tangled

Another entry in my photo of the day self challenge...

I love wandering around outside --- in parks, in gardens, in people's backyards when they invite me --- and just observing what nature does before humans intervene. As a species, we're quick to pull out the weed-whacker and dispatch with whatever doesn't obey our whims.
I respect vines... especially "invasives." Their entire purpose is to survive... weaving in and around and through other things. Sometimes they choke out less determined plants but isn't that just natural selection?
I know... kind of harsh. But when we apply it to business or some other man-made concept, it is looked upon with favor. At least vines and weeds aren't really making it personal when they do their survival thing.

No comments: