Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Camera Number Seven

This is my micro 4/3's Olympus PEN PL-2. I was looking for a camera that I could use for street shooting that would not be as heavy as my normal DSLR. I think I'm starting to get arthritis in my thumbs and the 13lbs. of my Canon 5D kind of limits my flexibility.

I also wanted the camera to not be intimidating or off-putting to my shooting subjects. When you start shooting (at least in Charlotte, NC), people tense up and ask "Why are you taking pictures?" as they inch away from you.

But this camera has everything I need to continue with my street photography. It's light-weight, it shoots RAW files and it looks like a toy. The lens even says "Toy Lens". And it has the added 21st century benefit of shooting video.

Not bad for a toy camera...


No comments: