Saturday, April 14, 2012

Camera Number Four

This is my Mom's Polaroid. She used it while my brother and I were young to document our early years.

I remember how she used to have to wait for the image to develop before she could pull the print away from the chemical part. She also used a rubbing stick on the prints which, as a child I never really understood but I always thought it was cool.

This was my early introduction to photography. Although I never got to use this camera as a child, Mom did allow me to experiment with it when I was a teen. My mom is cool like that.

They don't make the film for this kind of camera anymore. That's one of the sad side-effects of progress. I do still have a lot of the prints my mom made with this camera.... Those family documents are priceless to me.

No comments: