Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Photo for a Sunday Afternoon...

"A Play of Light"

I received an email from my Creativity and the Photographer II workshop teacher, Sean Kernan, earlier this week. He attached a blog post from another photographer that really resonated with me.
As I slog my way through my life as a photographer,
I often encounter the voice of self-doubt. I hate that voice.
But luckily I have a great group of supporters who cheer me on when I become moody and morose.

I know some people would look at the image above and say that it's not a good photograph. I disagree. It is the epitome of "writing with light" and it makes me happy that I shot it.
Needless to say, I'm in a bit of a period of transition with my shooting. I'm not exactly sure where it's leading me, but things look more like what's going on inside my head --- not exactly perfect, but oddly beautiful and new. If I get to where I think I'm going, I really don't think that voice of self-doubt can be heard there...

No comments: