Thursday, September 22, 2011

A New Direction...

I've come to the conclusion that I am, for all intents and purposes, really a flower photographer. But I have to keep reminding myself of that fact over and over again. I'm not sure why... I do try my best to make things more difficult than they should be.

This image is from a new flower series that I started last year. I've posted some of the images I've been making along the way. What I think I've learned from this series is that making things simpler ends up making me happier.
The series is still evolving, but now that I've let go of some of the shtick that I started with, it just feels more right... more of my own mind... simple but in an elegant way. And it's even in color!

(And fyi Peter, it's not shot with that lens you despise...)

No comments: