Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Little Texture


I love trees. I love their majesty. I love their function in the natural world. I love the wide variety that can be found in their bark.

Although, sometimes I have to remind myself to stop and admire the things I enjoy most. 

All the worrying I've been mired in for the past year has helped to prevent me from letting myself enjoy some of those simple things I love. I think I haven't felt worthy of joy. When your world is disintegrating, it's easy to feel like it's warranted. But it's not.... not really. It's just life. And remembering that you are supposed to feel joy as well as pain is sometimes hard.

And that's what brings me to the texture in this tree. Hills & valleys.... AKA: Texture. It's rough, but it can also be beautiful.

Just rambling on a Tuesday afternoon....

No comments: